Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tutorial: How to Make a Bathing Suit for an 18" doll from a sock

I came up with an idea on how to make a bathing suit for my doll, I thought I would share it with you.

I started with a regular sock, if you want you can use one with a print. Then you lay the sock on the doll with the toe of the sock resting at the top of her thigh.Cut the sock at the neck level.







Then with a permanent marker, draw a line to mark the spots for her legs, but be sure to leave the spot for in between her legs wide enough . Then cut the leg holes.




Next draw a line to mark the spots for her arms and neck. Be sure when you draw the top line (the neck line), that you draw it to the side edge of the sock and not to the top edge, then cut on that line. Also cut on the little curved lines to create the arm holes. After you do that you have a bathing suit.







Then, if you want to make a headband and a towel with the pieces which are left over from the sock, here's how. Take the rim of the sock and cut it off for a head band.





Then take the left over piece that would normally rap around the ankle and cut it so it is no longer in a loop to make a towel.
Now you have a whole beach set.














Happy Swimming. Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. What a smart idea! You remind me of my own daughter. She likes to make doll clothes from outcast or outgrown clothes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yOUR COUSIN AND I JUST LOOKED AT YOUR BLOG. IT IS WONDERFUL!!!! I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN A COUPLE OF DAYS......D

    ReplyDelete